Sunday, April 15, 2012

Farm Livin' is the Life for Me!

So I promised pictures, and here they are.


Our quaint little farmhouse was built in the early 1800s. My parents are very close friends with another family here in the area, and this farm is their old homestead. It was sold to the previous owner in the 90s, who did quite a bit of renovation about 5 years ago. She basically gutted the entire house and redid the wiring, plumbing and drywall. The black shutters and red door are our additions. I always wanted a red door :)


This is the view from the driveway facing northwest.



This is the view from the back deck. Our land stretches out past the line of juniper trees to the forest. You can see the old horse fencing, which makes for a pleasing boundary between our back yard and the "back forty".


This is the deck. More commonly known as Craig's Container Garden Paradise Plant-a-Palooza. I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me on this subject...


So that's it. That's our place.
And by golly I love it here.

1 comment: